Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Major Blockage

Over a week has lapsed since I last blogged, and I’ll tell you why - writer’s block caused by acute PMS.
PMS is this powerful animal that can render a woman hysterical, maniacal, depressed and everywhere in between. So how does this newly crowned housewife handle PMS? By being hysterical, maniacal, depressed and everywhere in between. With no job to distract and soften the monthly blow, I went out of my mind instead of staying in it. I allowed it to be counter-productive feeding into the “She Must Be PMSing” stereotype. I was a walking, talking soap opera. I might has well have been in a bathrobe and fuzzy slippers inhaling Bon Bons by the carton.
I started writing this blog to try and dispel the housewife stereotype and here I was playing right into it. That leads me to this question -
Who am I trying to dispel this stereotype to? You or me?

No comments:

Post a Comment