Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Leftovers Anyone?

Leftovers have always been very functional in my house. While working it meant that I didn’t have to go out on my lunch hour. Many times I had enough leftovers to last me a couple of work days. (I’m Puerto Rican - food is love. Lots of food = lots of love.) Now that I am not working it means I have the opportunity to spread the love to someone other than myself.
Meals with friends are difficult during a work week. My husband is not a nine to fiver and dinners often occur later into the evening; not conducive to my friends with school-aged children. So dinner get-togethers are often relegated to Friday or Saturday evenings; not nearly enough face time for a social butterfly such as myself.
Enter the institution of the Leftover Lunch Club - meeting sometime between breakfast and lunch - serving a plethora of day old (sometimes older) fare - Italian, Mexican, Puerto Rican, Asian, and undetermined. Everybody, well me, knows your name, and I’m always glad you came.

That’s the beauty of being a housewife; I can start my own clubs - make my own rules - set the stage for my life that feeds every part of me - my head, my heart, my soul and yes, even my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment