Monday, November 5, 2012

America's True (Racist Republican) Colors Shine Through

I am not one to toot my political horn. I have always hated politics. I was raised with the belief that all politicians are thieves, crooks and liars. No politician throughout my 39 years has proved otherwise. I only vote in major elections and even then it's for the lesser of evils. In other words, politicians rarely disappoint me because I hold no high expectations for them to get anything of consequence accomplished.

What has disappointed me, however, is the blatant racism Republicans have shown over the last four years and even while President Obama was campaigning for his 2008 Presidential bid. They can deny it all they want, but it's as plain as the hypocritical (white) noses on their faces.

I thankfully removed myself from the world of Facebook over a year ago; a big reason was politically motivated; but even in my absence I still hear the complaints of my more open-minded friends informing me that so-and-so is a racist and homophobe after reading their vitriol touting how Obama is evil and Romney is their savior.

America can claim to be the land of the free and home of the brave all they want, but the truth of the matter is America has never shown their racist colors more than in the last four years. Trust me, I am not a fan of the Democrats either, but seriously Republicans? You can't tone your racist banter down just a wee bit? You're so obvious I would swear that Romney is your Grand Wizard and you will all don your white sheets come election day. The least you could do is own your bigotry. It would be the only honest thing you have done this entire campaign.

This is in no way an endorsement for Obama. I am not of fan of either candidate. For the first time since I could vote I am not choosing the lesser of evils but rather a third party candidate whose values align with mine. But for the sake of common human decency, Republicans, set a better example for not just your party, but for the rest of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment